Digital Project Manager
We are looking for a talented and experienced digital project manager to join our growing agency.
A client facing position responsible for analysing, planning, documenting and communicating on all aspects of web development projects, especially the small details.
You will be working alongside a project sponsor (usually an account manager/account director) to conceptualise, document and produce websites and web development projects to a high standard.
- Understanding deliverable requirements, assessing risk/potential problems and proactively finding solutions to ensure successful delivery of work
- Work with the designers and developers to create and maintain project plans. Including the full functionality/scope of the project
- Work closely with the development team to manage project documentation and establish business logic/documentation for development work
- Contribute ideas to improve the project, particularly from a user perspective
- Be responsible for internal snagging documentation and reviewing websites from user perspectives
- Be responsible for project documentation making sure the project scope is always accurate and any additions are flagged and approved for development
- Be responsible for project timelines and communication of any delay to both customer and internally
- Attend client meetings to document goals/objectives of customer and project review
- Take responsibility for liaising with the client to help scope the project, monitoring and escalating project risks and maintaining customer focus
- Assist with troubleshooting and issues across all projects as and when required
- Develop and maintain a thorough understanding of the processes required to scope and deliver all GUK services
- Support the company’s mission by having a full understanding of all commercial goals and targets. Frequent meetings with the management team to collaborate and achieve the set goals and targets
- Lead and manage other project managers and the development team in line with workflow requirements, company values and culture
- Support adoption of Company mission, vision and culture
- Establish individual development plans and ensure delivery of activities
- Schedule of Work and Staff workflow
- Establish production priorities for various work and ensuring all deliverables are completed in required time-lines and at high level of quality
- Draft timescales and estimating costs for individual projects
- Monitor deliverable standards and implementing quality-control programmes
- Support new sales opportunities when required and when Project Manager knowledge/experience aligns to opportunity
- Maintain up to date functional and industry knowledge through continuous professional development
Required skills & experience
- Experience in a similar role for a minimum 1-2 years
- Great analytical and documentation skills to assess the merits of a project as well as give effective solutions
- Be the voice of reason or ‘common sense’ throughout the website development process
- Be prepared to work across the virtual account team, including designers, developers and outsourced workers as necessary
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Experience in writing functional specifications & creating user flows
- Existing knowledge of how to deliver a website project would be preferred
- Outstanding attention to detail
- The ability to take responsibility and ownership of projects. It’s really important to have a ‘can do’ attitude and be capable of solving problems
- Be able to manage multiple projects/tasks simultaneously, with a smile and dedication
- Determination to go the extra mile to get the best results
- Have an interest in all things digital, keen to learn about new technologies and share these with the team
- We would prefer knowledge of frameworks such as WordPress, Magento, Drupal etc.
- Experience handling projects from start to finish
- Proactive approach to challenges and the ability to tackle them head on
About Generate UK
Generate UK is an award-winning Digital Marketing Agency focused on helping companies develop and refine their marketing processes to meet their business goals. Our solutions are very business centric, and we deliver this to a diverse range of customers.
Our services include website/app design and development, digital design and print services, website maintenance, support and hosting, and a wide range of marketing services such as SEO, content marketing, social media, online advertising and email marketing.
If you are keen on joining this exciting, forward thinking company and taking the next step in your career, then please apply to find out more.
- Competitive salary depending on experience
- 24 days holiday (excl. Bank Holidays)
- Clear career path with opportunities to progress
- Ongoing training and development
- Access to employee benefits portal
- ‘Take 5’ – flexible working programme
- Regular team days out and incentives
- Company auto enrolment pension scheme
- Optional company health care