Case studies are an excellent way to showcase the value of your product or service and prove its effectiveness.
However, creating one can feel like a daunting task. After all, it’s essentially an in-depth report on how your product or services helped another company solve a specific problem or overcome a certain challenge.
WHAT IS A CASE STUDY?
The goal of a case study is to show how your product solved a specific problem for a specific person or company.
This is a tool to showcase what your product or services can do /offer in general, or it can be used to show how your product helped solve a specific problem for a specific person or company.
It is also a great way of showing off your skills and expertise, especially if you are selling services rather than a physical item.
Case studies can be written about almost any product or service with a specific use case in mind.
How to Write a Great Case Study
There are a few important factors to keep in mind when writing a case study.
First, your case study needs to be interesting and engaging.
You want to catch your reader’s attention and keep it long enough for them to learn everything they need to know about your product.
So make sure your USP for this case study is eye-catching and interesting.
Did your customer have a unique challenge they needed to overcome?
Did your product or services provide the company with amazing results?
By considering your main selling point for the case study you will find it easier to create your copy around this.
Case studies are a great way to humanise your company and show your potential clients that your product is being used by real people who have real problems they’re trying to solve.
These can also be an ideal way to answer common questions like “Who uses your product?” and “How do your customers use your product?”
Remember, your case study should be written as if you’re telling a story.
So lay it out in a format which reads like one. Begin with the client, explain what their challenge was and why they sought out your help. Then progress to what you did for them and which products/services you provided.
Finally, make sure you promote the results of this as potential customers want to know the outcome and what they can expect to get out of what you are selling.
6 Steps to Creating a Great Case Study
There are many different ways to write a case study, but most follow a similar format and flow.
- Conduct research – You may have a specific case study in mind that you want to write. However, before you can write it, you need to conduct research on the specific project you want to write about. Interview the client you worked with and any staff of yours that were involved with this particular project to get as much information as possible.
- Outline your structure – Once you have a good idea of the story you want to tell, outline your case study. This is a great way to keep your copy well-organised and easy to follow. It will also help you ensure that you include all the information you need.
- Write your case study – Now that you have an outline, it’s time to write your case study. Follow the outline you created to help you keep order in your copy. Your case study should start off with an engaging point, something that grabs your reader’s attention and keeps it long enough for them to read the rest of it.
- Make sure it is SEO-friendly – SEO is important in any marketing campaign, including your case study. Make sure your case study is SEO-friendly by including keywords and using proper formatting. You want your case study to show up when someone searches for the issues your target audience is facing.
- Edit and proofread – Once you’ve written your case study, it’s time to edit and proofread it. This is a great time to catch any simple spelling or grammar mistakes which may have slipped through your built-in spellcheck tools. We always recommend getting someone else to proof it as well, to make sure it is error-free.
- Make it look good – Your case study doesn’t have to be made up of just copy. You can spice it up by using graphs, charts, images, and infographics. A well-designed case study is easier to read and keeps your reader engaged long enough to learn everything they need to know about your product. By adding in different media and making it interactive, readers will be more engaged and likely to read to the end.
- A case study is an in-depth report on how a product or service helped a specific company solve a problem.
- Case studies are often used by companies to show potential new clients how they can solve a problem using their product.
- Case studies are also often used in marketing materials to show how a product has helped other companies solve their problems.
- There are a few important factors to keep in mind when writing a case study. Your case study needs to be interesting and engaging.
- Your case study also needs to be written in a way that’s easy to understand and follow.
- Before you can write a case study, you need to conduct research on the company or person you want to write about. Once you have a good idea of the story you want to tell, outline your case study.
HOW WE CAN HELP
Generate UK is a full-service digital marketing agency that empowers industry-leading B2B & professional services companies to generate growth online.
We help brands grow at all stages of the funnel, with the expertise to support your organisation, whether you are looking to:
- Boost your awareness
- Improve demand
- Get more leads
- Generate more sales
Our marketing experts will help you get in front of the right audience, with content that’s designed to leave them wanting more.
Through a considered strategy of identifying your key audiences and understanding what matters to them, we deliver impactful tailored messaging through targeted advertising and owned channels.
Want to see how we do it? Check out our case studies!